This chocolate chip cinnamon baked oatmeal is a family go-to that is perfect for giving away, freezing individual portions, large group gatherings, and a last minute breakfast for dinner meal! Pair it with frozen sausages and fresh fruit for a deliciously quick prep!
Humble Disclaimer: There is a good reason this is a DIY home renovations blog and not a food blog 🙂 My cooking philosophy is to keep it “healthy and easy.” Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
This recipe initially came from my Mom’s kitchen and has been made with chocolate chips, peaches and blueberries with rave reviews every time. If you have clicked on the printable recipe you may have noticed the ground flax. I sneak ground flax into almost all of my baked goods. There are so many health benefits to flax including fiber (digestive health), Omega-3 Fatty Acids (cardiovascular health & skin/hair/nails) and lignans (phytonutrients).
Yesterday the big kids and I made this to cut into squares that I froze individually in small freezer bags for quick breakfasts. Warm in the microwave and enjoy with some milk poured over! We made half of the recipe and placed into 8×8 dish.
Enjoy now or pin this recipe for later!
HammersNHugs Kitchen Essentials
- OXO Good Grips Containers for dry ingredients
- Anchor Hocking TrueFit Lid Freezer Safe Glass Bakeware
- Oster Bread Machine
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- From Freezer to Table cookbook
- Large butcher block cutting board
- Food grade butcher block/cutting board oil
- OXO Good Grips Pro Muffin Tins
- Vintage Floral Kitchen Apron
- Personalized Kids’ Kitchen Aprons
- Large Glass Oil Decanter and Cruet
- Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer