This triple cheese fondue is a creamy mouthful of aged sharp cheddar, smoked Gouda, and Gruyere. Paired with an assortment of meats, vegetables, and bread this is a cheese lover’s dream come true!
Humble Disclaimer: There is a good reason this is a DIY home renovations blog and not a food blog 🙂 My cooking philosophy is to keep it “healthy and easy.” Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
Triple Cheese Fondue
This recipe was handed down to me from my mom. She hosts a Christmas cheese and chocolate fondue every year, and once Zach and I owned our first house we carried on the tradition. I have made adjustments in the cheese to create what I believe to be the most delicious cheese fondue I have ever tasted. It is ALWAYS a hit and easily serves 12 with a little leftover.
Take it from me you will want to shred your onion first because your food processor will be very sticky after you shred 4 pounds of cheese.
Speaking of 4 pounds of cheese. Mmm . . . mmm.
Shred and set aside.
Melt the butter and add the shredded onions. As noted in the printable recipe, make sure to drain all of the liquid from the shredded onions first.
Next add your flour and sour cream.
Gradually add the cheese and keep stirring until creamy.
Last add the chives and keep the heat on low until you are ready to serve it!
Pair with carrots, broccoli, potatoes, cauliflower, ham, turkey, chicken nuggets, sausages, and bread for a delicious evening of fun!
HammersNHugs Kitchen Essentials
- OXO Good Grips Containers for dry ingredients
- Anchor Hocking TrueFit Lid Freezer Safe Glass Bakeware
- Oster Bread Machine
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- From Freezer to Table cookbook
- Large butcher block cutting board
- Food grade butcher block/cutting board oil
- OXO Good Grips Pro Muffin Tins
- Vintage Floral Kitchen Apron
- Personalized Kids’ Kitchen Aprons
- Large Glass Oil Decanter and Cruet
- Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer