These cheddar tuna melts are the perfect quick dinner that can be prepped and made within 20 minutes or frozen for later. The fresh flavor of pesto with the creamy tuna mix make these a winner every time.
My cooking philosophy is to keep it healthy and easy. Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
As a kid I always loved when my mom would put cheddar slices on Ritz crackers and put them in the toaster. I also love my mom’s tuna salad recipe (as do my kids!). Lastly, I absolutely love, love, love pesto. The fresh burst of basil makes my mouth happy every time. This recipe is a delightful marriage of them all. The pesto recipe is my favorite and is straight from the cookbook From Freezer to Table . If you missed my Christmas gift recommendations for mom, then check out the cookbook along with other ideas here!
As you may have noted in the recipe, this is how I store my homemade pesto. 1 cube = 2T of pesto. I love this method of freezing and have used it for many things – flavored ice cubes for punch, pureed baby food, mint leaves in water, etc.
HammersNHugs Kitchen Essentials
- OXO Good Grips Containers for dry ingredients
- Anchor Hocking TrueFit Lid Freezer Safe Glass Bakeware
- Oster Bread Machine
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- From Freezer to Table cookbook
- Large butcher block cutting board
- Food grade butcher block/cutting board oil
- OXO Good Grips Pro Muffin Tins
- Vintage Floral Kitchen Apron
- Personalized Kids’ Kitchen Aprons
- Large Glass Oil Decanter and Cruet
- Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer
- GoodCook Chopper