This recipe can be made in bulk and is a go to for breakfast. With the hidden nutrient density of ground flax, this chocolatey instant oatmeal is the perfect start to the morning and can be easily and quickly customized to individual taste. Enjoy!
My cooking philosophy is to keep it healthy and easy. Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
My kids eat this on a regular basis in the morning, and it is so EASY and QUICK! I make the recipe in bulk and store it in this 2.4qt OXO Good Grips container. If you have clicked on the recipe, then you may have seen that I do not mix the chocolate chips into the oatmeal mixture but I sprinkle them on top with each serving. This is just to stretch the chocolate out and to control how much goes in each bowl. Because the chocolate melts into the oatmeal, my kids actually don’t require any brown sugar to be mixed in resulting in less sugar than a bowl of most cereals. You certainly can add brown sugar as needed though. Also you may have noticed the ground flax. There are so many health benefits to flax including fiber (digestive health), Omega-3 Fatty Acids (cardiovascular health & skin/hair/nails) and lignans (phytonutrients). I sneak this into just about everything I make!
PIN the images below for later!!
HammersNHugs Kitchen Essentials:
- OXO Good Grips Containers for dry ingredients
- Anchor Hocking TrueFit Lid Freezer Safe Glass Bakeware
- Oster Bread Machine
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- From Freezer to Table cookbook
- Large butcher block cutting board
- Food grade butcher block/cutting board oil
- OXO Good Grips Pro Muffin Tins
- Vintage Floral Kitchen Apron
- Personalized Kids’ Kitchen Aprons
- Large Glass Oil Decanter and Cruet
- Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer