Rich and moist banana cake with a whipped cinnamon icing makes this a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy! This cake is perfect for entertaining as it can be made beforehand and frozen until ready to serve!
My cooking philosophy is to keep it “healthy and easy.” Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
I love freezing food. I think we often under-utilize deep freezers. We freeze main dishes, vegetables and fruit, but we often don’t think about freezing baked goods. I freeze everything and anything that can be safely frozen including baked goods! Making these treats ahead of time and freezing them allows for easy and delicious food for last minute company or taking a meal to a friend. This cake is a perfect freeze for later treat.
The key to moist baked goods is a process called flash freezing. As soon as this cake is done baking stick it in the freezer for 45 minutes.
If you give this recipe at try, then tag me @ahna_hammersnhugs or use the hashtag #hammersnhugs.
I would LOVE to hear from you!
Pin any of the images below for later!
HammersNHugs Kitchen Essentials:
- OXO Good Grips Containers for dry ingredients
- Anchor Hocking TrueFit Lid Freezer Safe Glass Bakeware
- Oster Bread Machine
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
- From Freezer to Table cookbook
- Large butcher block cutting board
- Food grade butcher block/cutting board oil
- OXO Good Grips Pro Muffin Tins
- Vintage Floral Kitchen Apron
- Personalized Kids’ Kitchen Aprons
- Large Glass Oil Decanter and Cruet
- Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer