8 Beginner Tips For Painting Furniture
Have furniture that you would love to redo but are unsure how? Transform your furniture with furniture paint pro, Rachel Bowyer, as she shares 8 beginner tips to help you paint your piece!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Where are the best places to find furniture to upcycle
- How Rachel’s creativity developed into a small business
- What you should know before painting your refrigerator
- Top beginner tips for upcycling furniture
- MDF boards: What it is and how to paint it
- A creative hack to hide your garden hose
- Furniture color matching and painting aftercare tips
- Freecycle – https://www.freecycle.org/
- Facebook Marketplace – https://www.facebook.com/marketplace
- How and where to find free furniture to upcycle – shorturl.at/mGNSY
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/
- HOMEMADE at The Barn – https://www.homemadeatthebarn.co.uk/
- How to successfully paint a fridge to match IKEA kitchen cabinets – shorturl.at/blt05
- Dixie Belle Slick Stick – https://dixiebellepaint.com/slick-stick/
- Dixie Belle White Lightning Cleaner – https://dixiebellepaint.com/white-lightning-cleaner/
- How do you make MDF look nice? – shorturl.at/fkmUY
- Shellac-Base Primer – shorturl.at/dqJN0
- Minwax: https://www.minwax.com/
- An unusual way to hide a garden hose – shorturl.at/elA79
- Yacht Varnish – https://www.amazon.com/yacht-varnish/s?k=yacht+varnish
- Haribo – https://www.haribo.com/en
- Artist syringe – https://amzn.to/3Wetz0W
- The best upcycling project for beginners – the 8 rules – shorturl.at/FQRSU
ABOUT RACHEL BOWYER
Rachel is the author and owner of the popular website www.teaandforgetmenots.com where she shares easy tutorials to save money by refinishing used furniture like a pro.
From Hertfordshire, she had been working full-time and commuting to London when she finished maternity leave as the pandemic hit. After maternity leave, she didn’t return to work and continued painting furniture at home. She could paint during naps and a bit more when her son started a few days at nursery. In 2021, she started the blog Tea and Forget-me-nots.
CONNECT WITH RACHEL
- Website: Tea and Forget-me-nots: https://www.teaandforgetmenots.com/
- Instagram: @teaandforgetmenots: https://www.instagram.com/teaandforgetmenots/?hl=en
- Tiktok: @teaandforgetmenots1: https://www.tiktok.com/@teaandforgetmenots1
- YouTube: Tea and Forget-me-nots: https://www.youtube.com/@TeaandForgetmenots
Enter your email below and unlock access to exclusive podcasts, recipes, DIYs, home decor ideas, health & wellness tips, and more.
Hello Rachael: I have a large long dresser I need to refinish and am looking forward to reading all your information on how to do it. It is fairly dark, like a reddish brown, maple type color and it is in our guest room. I thought a light, or white color would be best since it would lighten up that room tremendously. Anyway, I haven’t started reading your information yet, but looking forward to seeing what I can afford and can’t, but certainly interested in seeing the transformation that can be achieved doing the project. I will contact you during and after for information. Thank you so much for any and all info I can get.
Cherie, thanks so much for listening to the podcast. Rachel is amazing! We cannot wait to see your project! Don’t hesitate to ask questions along the way!