Peach Baked French Toast & Whipped Topping
Fresh peaches drizzled in a buttery sweet sauce, egg-soaked Challah bread, and a dollop of homemade whipped cream – are only one reason why this is my favorite peach-baked French toast recipe.
A Story About My Favorite Peach Baked French Toast
I have been perfecting this peach baked french toast recipe for almost 8 years now.
The first time I ever made it was for my best friend’s birthday.
For 20 years, we never missed a birthday.
Even the summer after college when I was living in the Andes Mountains of Peru, she sent me an email on my birthday.
When Zach and I moved back to Lancaster, PA 8 years ago I started making breakfast for her birthday, and she would buy me Starbucks.
She always picked my peach-baked french toast with homemade whipped cream.
She would have been 36 today.
But instead of celebrating 36 years on earth, we are celebrating her 2nd year in Heaven.
August 2015 – Girls’ night to celebrate Heather’s 30th.
Heather went to be with Jesus on November 29, 2019 after a long battle with breast cancer.
The above picture was taken the last time she had my peach-baked french toast for her birthday.
She passed away 3 months later.
Thanks to Heather’s love for peaches and homemade whipped cream, I have been able to hone this recipe to near perfection over the years.
It has become one of my go-to recipes for overnight guests or family vacations because it can be deep-frozen until ready to bake.
Thaw it overnight in the fridge and then bake according to the directions.
The Challah bread is the key to a richly flavored bread layer and homemade whipped cream is always a winner.
Happy Heavenly birthday, Heath. This one’s for you.
My Favorite Peach Baked French Toast Recipe
My cooking philosophy is to keep it healthy and easy.
Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
I always use my Anchor Hocking Baking Dish with True Seal Lid for freezing/baking.
I LOVE these baking dishes!! I have them in all sizes.
Pin any of the images below for later, and shop my kitchen.
The BEST Peach Baked French Toast
Peach French Toast
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 29 oz can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf Challah bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c 1% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, butter and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the peaches on the bottom of a greased 9×13 and pour the brown sugar mixture over.
- Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add the cubed Challah bread to the mixture and stir.
- Once the bread is evenly coated place the soaked bread cubes onto the peach slices.
- Pour any remaining mixture on top. Can be made the night before. Remove from the fridge 1 hour prior to baking.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Prepare as directed above using a freezer/microwave safe glass or aluminum pan. Cover tightly. Freeze.
- Prior to baking allow to thaw in fridge overnight. Remove from fridge 1 hr prior to baking.
What a lovely tribute to your friend. Thank you for sharing that. I love that you still celebrate her birthday, it just shows how much you loved her.
Thank you Terry! Yes, we were so blessed!
So sorry to hear about your friend, but when you make this recipe now i’m makes it all the more special for you! Thanks for this recipe, can’t wait to try it!
Thank you, Carmen! I hope you enjoy it.
What a beautiful story of friendship. So hard to lose those close to you. I love that you still celebrate her in this way. I can’t wait to add this to my freezer when overnight guests arrive. Thank you for sharing the recipe…and your heart.
Thank you Leslie. It really is an amazing recipe! I hope you enjoy it