With a boost of protein this buttery, melt-in-your-mouth recipe makes the BEST homemade pancakes that the whole family will enjoy.
For years, every Saturday we have attempted to prioritize a homemade family breakfast. The kids help mix the ingredients, set the table, and then enjoy a sweet treat for the weekend.
Our go-to breakfasts are homemade pancakes and French toast, so it is no surprise then that Joanna Gaines’ BEST Pancakes Recipe is one of my most visited blog posts.
With a couple of modifications of my own, it is truly one of the best pancake recipes I have ever tasted. Apparently, a lot of people think so, because thousands of people visit that post every year.
That being said I continued to modify that recipe to fit our lifestyle, and may I be so bold as to suggest that this homemade pancake recipe with a boost of protein is even better than my first.
Each pancake has fewer net carbs, less fat, and more protein, and I think, even more delicious!
Homemade Pancakes (With A Boost Of Protein!)
MY COOKING PHILOSOPHY IS TO KEEP IT HEALTHY AND EASY.
RECIPES AT HAMMERS N HUGS WILL INCLUDE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT CAN OFTEN BE FROZEN AND HAVE BEEN TESTED AND APPROVED BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Pin any of the images below for later!
Shop my kitchen
Homemade Pancakes (With A Boost Of Protein)
- 2 c white flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 3/4 c 1% milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 c nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder I recommend Orgain Whey Vanilla
- Mix the ingredients lightly and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Once thickened pour ¼ c batter onto generously buttered griddle at 325F.
- Flip the pancake once bubbles appear.
- Prepare as directed above. Wrap short stacks of pancakes tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze. Reheat in microwave when ready to serve.