With sauteed onions, cheese, meat, and artisan bread – this breakfast egg casserole bread is a family and friend favorite!
I have been making this breakfast egg casserole bread recipe for many years.
I routinely make it whenever I am assigned breakfast for large group gatherings. One of the advantages to this recipe is that it is dense with ingredients, but it can be made ahead and frozen.
Having made it many times it has been tailored to culinary perfection.
Switch the meat to bacon, sausage, or ham, and make sure to buy good artisan Italian bread!
Breakfast Egg Casserole Bread Recipe
MY COOKING PHILOSOPHY IS TO KEEP IT HEALTHY AND EASY.
RECIPES AT HAMMERS N HUGS WILL INCLUDE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT CAN OFTEN BE FROZEN AND HAVE BEEN TESTED AND APPROVED BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
I made this the day before and refrigerated the casserole in my fabulous Anchor Hocking baking dish with the True Seal lids.
I will also freeze this casserole in these dishes before baking and have frozen it for up to one month.
I have a lot of these Anchor Hocking dishes in different sizes and love them!
For more breakfast ideas be sure to check out:
- Sweet and Salty Easy Egg on Toast [In Only 5 Minutes!]
- The BEST Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Smokey Ham Egg Casserole
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Joanna Gaines’ Best Pancake Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Shop my kitchen & PIN any of the images below for later!
Breakfast Egg Casserole Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread cubed
- 2 T butter
- 1 lb cooked ham cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb 16oz sharp cheddar, cubed
- 3 ½ c 1% milk
- 1 small onion diced
- ¼ c honey mustard
- Saute the onion in the butter.
- Toss the bread, ham and cheese together in a large bowl. Press into greased 9×13.
- Mix the eggs, milk, honey mustard and onion together in a bowl. Pour over the bread mixture slowly.
- Allow the mixture to soak in and press with your hands to spread evenly.
- Can be made the night before. Remove from fridge 1 hour prior to cooking. Bake uncovered at 375F for 1 hour.
- Prepare as directed above in a freezer/microwave safe glass 9×13 or aluminum pan. Cover tightly. When ready to bake allow to thaw overnight. Remove from fridge at least 1 hr prior to baking. Bake uncovered at 375F for 1 hr.