Chicken Quinoa Fried Rice
This chicken quinoa fried rice recipe boasts whole proteins and a rainbow of vegetables soaked in a sweet maple soy sauce.
I started making this recipe several years ago, and then perfected it when I found the Maple Soy Sauce recipe in the cookbook “From Freezer to Table”.
It was so much better than what I was using.
This recipe makes enough for our family of 5 and then I typically still have several quarts to freeze.
The butter can be left out of the soy sauce recipe for those who are dairy-free. If you like this recipe, then you will also like my Shrimp Quinoa Fried Rice recipe.
We buy our organic quinoa from Costco in bulk, and anytime we make this recipe we always make a ton of it because it is great for freezing in quart containers later.
Enjoy for a family meal and freeze the leftovers to give away or save for later!
Chicken Quinoa Fried Rice
My cooking philosophy is to keep it healthy and easy.
Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
For more gluten free and dairy free recipes be sure to check out:
- 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken [Deliciously Easy]
- Dairy Free Coffee Ice Cream
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Candied Carrots And Pork Chops – Easy
- Sweet and Salty Easy Egg on Toast [In Only 5 Minutes!]
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggies Marinara
Pin any of the images below for later, and shop my kitchen.
Chicken Fried Quinoa
- 2 c quinoa
- 4 c chicken broth
- 2 c chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lg carrots, diced
- 1 c broccoli, chopped
- 1 c frozen peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs
Maple Soy Sauce: (Courtesy of thrivinghome.com)
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 c quinoa with 4 c chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is no longer watery
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook the cubed chicken seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- In another large skillet, heat 1-2 T olive oil and saute onion, carrots and broccoli for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the minced garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- While vegetables are sauteing, combine soy sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa, chicken,vegetables and soy sauce into one large saucepan on high heat. Add the frozen peas and create a well in the middle of the pan.
- Add the eggs and allow to cook. Once the eggs are cooked through reduce the heat and stir entire mixture together.
- Allow the fried quinoa to cool. Place leftovers in airtight casserole dish or freezer quarts.
This dish looks scrumptious! I love using quinoa for fried “rice” dishes!