This chocolate chip cinnamon baked oatmeal is a family go-to that is perfect for a last-minute breakfast, giving away, or freezing.
This chocolate cinnamon-baked oatmeal recipe initially came from my Mom’s kitchen and has been made with chocolate chips, peaches and blueberries with rave reviews every time.
If you have clicked on the printable recipe you may have noticed the ground flax. I sneak ground flax into almost all of my baked goods.
There are so many health benefits to flax including fiber (digestive health), Omega-3 Fatty Acids (cardiovascular health & skin/hair/nails) and lignans (phytonutrients). Use the GF oats to keep it gluten-free!
Pair it with frozen sausages and this fruit salad for a delicious breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Recipe
My cooking philosophy is to keep it “healthy and easy.”
Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
If you want to minimize the sugar then you can cut the topping in half or you can keep the topping off of the dish entirely.
This recipe is perfect for company or large get togethers because it can be made ahead of time and frozen.
Individual portions can be heated up in the microwave, and for an extra treat splash some milk over the warm oatmeal in a bowl.
This is a family favorite!
For more delicious breakfast ideas be sure to check out:
- The BEST Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Smokey Ham Egg Casserole
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Joanna Gaines’ Best Pancake Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Recipe For Baked Oatmeal (With Protein!)
Pin any of the images below for later, and shop my kitchen!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 3 c milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ c ground flax
- 4 c old-fashioned oats
- 4 c quick oats
- 4 c rolled oats
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c butter
- Mix the above ingredients for the baked oatmeal. Place in a greased 9×13.
- Sprinkle the topping on to the oatmeal mixture. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Pair with frozen sausages and fresh fruit.
- Cool completely. Freeze in tightly sealed 9×13 pan. Thaw overnight in fridge and bake according to directions above. Can be cut into squares after baking and frozen individually in small freezer bags. Place square into microwave safe bowl and reheat for approx 30 -45 seconds.