Enjoy this sweet and salty easy recipe for frozen yogurt bars with fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt, and a delicious pretzel crust.
I found this recipe tucked away in my drafts folder and could not believe it had yet to see the blogging world. The base of this recipe is my go-to summer treat as well as the “bring a dessert to the get-together” kind of recipe.
The fruit and Greek yogurt can be subbed out for your flavor of choice as I did here in these strawberry frozen yogurt bars.
Freezing this dish after it has been put together allows for the yogurt mixture to set into bars, but my favorite way to enjoy this recipe is to put it in the fridge after the bars have solidified because it softens into the perfect creamy, melt-in-your-mouth treat.
Don’t forget to invest in a food chopper to make the crust a breeze. My mom put this must-have kitchen gadget in my Christmas stocking a couple of years ago, and it has become one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I use this tool for graham cracker crusts (like in these delicious lime cheesecake bars), pretzel crusts, chopping up ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, you name it.
Whip up this easy dessert, and enjoy a fresh, creamy taste of summer all year long.
For more yummy dessert ideas be sure to check out:
- Creamy Pudding Fruit Salad – Easy Recipe
- Mint Oreo Ice Cream Cake Homemade
- The Best Chocolate Fondue
- The BEST Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- How To Make Costco’s Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Creme Pies
Easy Recipe For Frozen Yogurt Bars – Blueberry
MY COOKING PHILOSOPHY IS TO KEEP IT HEALTHY AND EASY.
RECIPES AT HAMMERS N HUGS WILL INCLUDE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT CAN OFTEN BE FROZEN AND HAVE BEEN TESTED AND APPROVED BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Let me know what you think!
Pin any of the images below for later.
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bars
- 2 c pretzels approx 6 oz
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 6 oz containers nonfat blueberry Greek yogurt
- 8 oz light cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tub light whipped topping
- fresh blueberries
- Soften butter and add sugar and crused pretzels . Press into a greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake crust at 350F 10 minutes.
- Whip together the yogurt, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the whipped topping.
- Pour onto the cooled pretzel crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Top with freshly sliced strawberries.