Cancer sucks. There is no way of putting it nicely. Today I chat with one of my best friends, Ashley Hoover, who shares her journey with cancer and the importance of allowing joy and pain to coexist. Hear her story, and learn practical ways to make your life meaningful in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Embracing the undeniable reality of the diagnosis.
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Definition, treatment, and prognosis.
- Practical tips to overcome the fear and anxiety of cancer.
- How to educate your children about sickness, death, and suffering.
- How the concept of grief and joy transforms your life.
ABOUT ASHLEY HOOVER
Ashley is wife to Joe, mom of 2, and house mom to a dozen teenage girls. 6 years ago at the age of 29 years old, Ashley’s life was turned upside down when she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. What is typically a brief encounter with cancer, has turned into 2 relapses, 1 stem cell transplant, failed treatments, and an ongoing clinical trial. With wit and raw honesty, Ashley writes about her journey at www.choosinghope.blog where she inspires her readers to choose hope amidst trial.
CONNECT WITH ASHLEY
- Website: Choosinghope blog
CONNECT WITH US
- Website: www.hammersnhugs.com
- YouTube: Ahna Fulmer // Hammers N Hugs
- Instagram: @ahna_hammersnhugs
- Facebook: Ahna Hammersnhugs
Pin any of the images below.