This slow cooker chili (made with ground turkey!) recipe is packed with protein and loaded with veggies that can be adjusted to taste.
This slow cooker chili recipe has been a staple in our house for many years.
During the winter months, it is unusual not to see containers of chili stored in our freezer for a quick and easy dinner!
I personally do not like beans, but another option is to dice a sweet potato into the recipe which is one of my favorites!!
Also, my favorite cheese to shred on the top is Gruyere with some creamy, non-fat plain Greek yogurt for an extra punch of protein. SO GOOD.
You may have noticed that this slow cooker chili recipe calls for ground turkey which is significantly lower in saturated fat, but it can certainly be made with ground beef.
Slow Cooker Chili – Turkey Recipe
My cooking philosophy is to keep it “healthy and easy.”
Recipes at Hammers N Hugs will include all-natural ingredients that can often be frozen and have been tested and approved by friends and family!
For more slow cooker recipes be sure to check out:
- Slow Cooker Fajita Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Omelette and Hash Browns
- 10 Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes – Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggies Marinara
If you give this recipe at try, then tag me @ahna_hammersnhugs or use the hashtag #hammersnhugs.
I would LOVE to hear from you!
PIN any of the images below!
Slow Cooker Chili – Turkey
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs ground turkey lean
- 1 onion, diced
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 lg carrots, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (keep the liquid)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ c chili powder
- Brown the turkey and drain before adding to the slow cooker.
- Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours.